*Create music using the computer.
*Read directions, follow guides by reading them as you learn, more than once.
1. Open the link below to the Google Mini Moog doodle, check it out for a minute, then come back to the blog. Moog doodle click here.
2. Check out the video on this page to connect to the history of the Mini Moog. Page click here.
3. Check out this video to hear explanations of how the Moog Doodle works. Explanation video click here.
4. Your assignment is to learn how to play this doodle and record two or more tracks on it.
You will have to learn what an oscillator is, what wave form is and some other terms. Watch the videos, look at the image guides and ask questions to me or by looking at online searches. Today I want you to learn and have some fun, but remember: record two or more tracks and play them for me. I will be grading the completion of that.
You can email me a link to your recording by clicking the chain on the tape player and copying the URL it gives you. Here’s one I did as an example, click here.
*Learn descriptive terms of visual literacy.
1. Download the power point by clicking here, open it and minimize it.
2. The power point teaches you 10 visual literacy vocabulary words. There are clear examples of each vocabulary word. View this power point as a learning tool, take charge of your learning, view it and review it; learn what these words mean.
3. Now,open a second power point by clicking here. It is empty, except for the words you just learned on their own slides, again.
Go to google images and find an image for each visual literacy term, on your own and put them in this empty power point where they belong.
Remember! Right click, “save image as” to the computer, then in your power point “insert>picture>from file”.
Tip: You can search for each word, like “foreground”, but you can also search for “stock photos” and “art photos” and just look for examples of each term. Some students looked for things like “dresses”, “soccer” and American revolution” and looked for examples to fit the descriptions from the images they found.
Show me you learned each term by finding your own example and putting them in the power point.
4. Email it to me at email@example.com. Make sure I give it credit. If you are having any mail issues, save it to the computer and show it to me on Friday.
*Use web research to create a visual and fact based creative web site on an historic figure.
*Learn web page editing interface
1. Read this document carefully to get familiar with the project requirements. Requirements document click here.
2. While you are getting familiar with the assignment look at this example of the assignment. Example page click here.
3. This assignment is to be done on Google Sites. To access this, log into your gmail and click on the word “more” on the black menu bar on top of your gmail. on this menu that drops down click the word “even more”. If you do not have a gmail, you will have to sign up for one today.
4. Today’s work: Choose who you are going to work on and begin your research. Look at the assignment document for the list of people you can choose.
Research your person, and copy and paste information that will help you write each section of the web page. You want to start with the person’s birth and death year and five accomplishments that could be used for the “what I did” section.